Monday, March 26, 2012

Jerseylicious

This past weekend, I visited my very best friend Sarah, who lives in Hoboken, NJ. Sarah and I grew up together in West Virginia and she's probably the farthest thing from a "Jersey Girl." We both had a laugh when we went out for drinks on Friday night...clearly we were in another world.



According to D.C. standards, I'm what we call "flashy." I like accessories. I don't wear cardigans and I don't own a single polo golf shirt. I wear winged liquid eyeliner to work, I fill in my eyebrows, and it takes me 30 minutes to do my hair (which grows from my scalp, not from a scalp of an Indian woman). On Friday though, I felt like a natural beauty midst the Mystic Tans, bracelets-for-earrings, hair extensions, fake eyelashes, acrylic nails, black eyeshadow and leopard print bandage dresses. These girls take it to the next level, and we clearly were stomping on their turf according to the nasty looks we got.


It was a very memorable weekend though....from having a running bet that every B.I.C.-headed guy was a cop (they all were), to trapping and releasing feral cats at 4am, to witnessing a guy getting choked out on the hood of my brand new car and sending two people to jail...it's the kind of weekend that you can only have with your best friend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment